News and Updates
Updated: 3/13/2020, 6:04pm
Our extended Mystique Family:
There is no question that this season has been affected in a way many of us have never seen, and hopefully won’t see again in the future. We hope that each and every individual and family currently affected by the coronavirus finds a speedy recovery.
Last night, like many other sporting organizations, the Amateur Athletic Union announced a suspension of AAU events for the next 3 weeks (until April 2) which means we will not be attending tournaments through the end of March, at a minimum. We are taking the entire situation seriously, and continue to defer to our host locations and/or recommendations from local, state, and national health agencies in addition to the AAU in this decision.
- As of today, all tournaments between now and the end of March are cancelled. The AAU’s determination of a 3-week suspension is unclear as to whether this will include the Grand Prix event on April 4-5 (for the PA 16’s and PA 17’s teams), so we will have to see if that is still an option as we get closer to the event.
- At this time, we are advising you to cancel hotel rooms for all March events. If your team was already scheduled for an April event, please check your individual hotel on their cancellation policies and use your discretion. We will be in touch as soon as we know if the April event will play as scheduled.
- All practices will be suspended until at least the last week of March. While the AAU is leaving it up to individual clubs based on local situations and responses, we feel it would be best to limit any potential exposure and/or travel between communities as best as we can. We will continue to monitor the local situation, as well as AAU recommendations and consider a few late March/early April practices or play dates to finish the season if it appears we are cleared for activity.
I wish the situation presented a clearer picture at this point, but we are working with the information we have available with regard to both health and safety, as well as volleyball. Obviously we hope to be able to offer at least a final play date or practice, but we will have to see how things progress before a final decision will be made.
Please stay safe and thank you for your ongoing support.